Thursday, March 19, 2020

SLED Day #8 - March 19, 2020

If this doesn't sum up my feelings right now, nothing does.  I am trying to grit my teeth and keep a smile on my face but this adjusting to our new normal for a while is hard!

I made three videos to post to this blog instead of typing - they wouldn't load.  So now I am just typing it all out - like I should have done in the first place!  Just joking...  

Just like you, I feel like I am being pushed to do things that are unfamiliar and uncomfortable to me.  And I don't like it...but I know it is part of it. 

I am listening to my kids argue in my office and think how can I do this for ____ more weeks!

But as all these thoughts go through my mind - I know that I am still stuck in my selfish ways.  It is so natural for me to not be grateful for what I have right now.  Of course, it is easy to look back to two weeks ago and think about how grateful I should have been then.  But what about now?  Shouldn't I be thankful for all that I have now?  I feel like I have  lot of lessons to learn in this new season.

Here is the update for today:
-No results yet.  We are really hoping for tomorrow morning.
-Thanks for all the videos.  They are WONDERFUL!  Keep them coming. 
-First grade is sending cards to all their students.  That is a great idea for any one else who wants to do that.  Sonya has stamps here you can use.
-I am going to share Karen's system of keeping up with SLED work for this extended time period. Share what you are doing too!  We just don't want to get behind,
-As soon as we get the all clear, I will send a doc out asking for volunteers for next week with food distribution.

Have a good evening with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  MONDAY Tomorrow the Panther Store will be open in the library from 8-2:30. We are not going to make a schedule - just come as you have tim...