Tuesday, March 17, 2020

COVID-19 Update - March 17, 2020


Hello CCES Staff!

I just wanted to check in with you this evening.  First off, we still do not have any information about the tested individual that I emailed you about last night.  As soon as I get that information from health officials - I will pass that on to you.  Here is some information I feel like you should know:

  • We are at a very low risk from our exposure even if that test comes back positive.  CCES staff did not have any contact with the tested individual to our knowledge - excluding one person.  That one person is our secondary link who we were only with for a short amount of time.  Our decision to ask CCES staff to stay home was overly cautious.
  • If the test comes back with a negative result, we will still ask you to mainly work remotely at home - as Dr. B's email stated today.  However, if some of you want to help with the food deliveries next week, that would be great.  Toward the end of the week, I will check back with you on that.
  • If the test comes back with a positive result, we will continue to proceed with caution. That would mean that we would ask CCES staff to not return to work for another week or so - even to help with food deliveries.  
I say all of this to keep you informed and keep you from worrying.  We are going to get through this!


Secondly, thank you all for your work so far.  You all are doing a great job of communicating with your families each day.  Keep doing that!

I would like to encourage you to post videos for your students to see on Facebook.  It can be just a few minutes of you getting on there to say hi or discuss something on the choiceboard for the day.  Due to everything being cancelled and students spending so much time at home - they really are missing school.  I think it would make them feel a lot better to see your face.  I plan on looking half way presentable tomorrow and posting something too!  I know that makes a lot of us uncomfortable (I hate pictures and videos of myself).  However, it is a great chance for us to try something new and be of benefit to our students.  

I loved the pic that I shared at the top.  All of this is definitely a CHANGE, but it gives us the CHANCE to reach out in new ways to our students and families!

I love you guys and can't wait til we are back to normal.  Through this all, I have learned that we take way too much for granted!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

  MONDAY Tomorrow the Panther Store will be open in the library from 8-2:30. We are not going to make a schedule - just come as you have tim...