Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday Focus - April 13th


Culture is Key!
I saw a quote on Facebook yesterday something along the lines of "Don't worry about academics, instruction, assessments, etc. if your culture isn't what it should be!"  I am sure I didn't get that exactly right but that was the gist of it.  And the more I think about it - I agree.  Don't get me wrong - school can't be nor should it be all play and not work.  There has to be a balance.  But I do believe that students will only give us their best when this is a place they feel loved and accepted and that they enjoy being.  That does't mean they have to love every second of what we do here but they have to look forward to coming.  School has to be a good place for them and that's what I want every day.  Thank you for all you do to make CCES that place for our students!

We had a house meeting yesterday and I am linking the notes from that meeting here so you can see what we planned.  

Also here is the link to the Action Team notes from Wednesday. 

Next Week at a Glance...
CPA testing next week!
Monday - LOM breakfast and recognition
5th grade Visits CCMS from 1-2
****KDE Olweus Site visit - click for link to schedule***
Tuesday
Wednesday - 1st grade Field Trip to Dinosaur World
4th and 5th grade GT in cafeteria at 1:30
3:00 House Meeting
Thursday - 2nd grade Field Trip to Mammoth Cave
Annie Ruby's Day  *** Mid-term Ends
Friday - Grades need to be posted by the end of the day
4th grade ELA Live Scoring




No comments:

Post a Comment

  MONDAY Tomorrow the Panther Store will be open in the library from 8-2:30. We are not going to make a schedule - just come as you have tim...